Last Updated September 21st, 2021
DogDog.org collects limited non-personally identifying information and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, the date and time of your query, DogDog.org cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
The DogDog.org Search Engine do not require any personally identifiable information. However, if you opt to register and set up a personal account on DogDog.org, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information. Your personally identifiable information is used to set up your DogDog.org account and to create your profile. Information on your profile is limited to your name, the organizations and causes you support, your actions, your amount raised and your list of friends; it does not include any other personally identifiable information such as your email or home address. By default, access to your profile is made public.
Facebook User Data
If you would like to delete your Facebook user data, please send a request to [email protected] for immediate deletion.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
DogDog.org does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with DogDog.org under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help DogDog.org communicate with you about offers from DogDog.org and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
DogDog.org displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- DogDog.org does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- DogDog.org advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
DogDog.org works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
DogDog.org may set and access DogDog.org cookies on your computer.
DogDog.org may also use a Double-Click cookie to access non personally identifiable information via Google Analytics, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking for all websites by clicking here You can learn more about Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting here
DogDog.org lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to DogDog.org's cookies.
Third Party Advertising Cookies
This is done by understanding what may interest you based on your web browsing and web searches and placing
a cookie on your device which can then be recognized on selected other websites. Advertising can then be
displayed to you which corresponds better to the interests indicated by the information stored by that cookie.
No personal data is passed to our advertising partners and they cannot identify you or contact you directly. The cookies used for this purpose process only the search terms you use and technical information relating to your PC or other device as follows:
- the referral search term (i.e., the term you entered into a search engine which then displayed our site as a search result);
- the onsite search term (i.e., a term you entered in the search box on our site);
- the type of internet browser you are using;
- the operating system of your PC or other device;
- the time and date you landed on or searched our site;
- time spent on our webpage;
- the address of the site which referred you to our site.
The partners we work with for these services are listed below and they have their own privacy statements which you should review:
Controlling Use of Third Party Advertising Cookies You can prevent cookies being placed by particular
advertising partners by visiting their websites referred to above, or the "Your Online Choices" page
provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), that provides an easy way to prevent the use of
advertising cookies from any or all of the advertising networks that are members of the IAB:
Your web browser will also provide various settings which can be modified in order to delete particular cookies or to block all or specific third party cookies. Please bear in mind that a blocking cookie is used when you tell a particular company that you do not accept their advertising cookies so if you delete all your cookies you would have to repeat the process. Please note that deleting or blocking all cookies may make it impossible to login to or use many websites or at least some of their features
You can edit or delete your email preferences, at any time. New categories of marketing communications
might be added from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these
new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the DogDog.org service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the DogDog.org Newsletter, that are considered part of your DogDog.org account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into
contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
DogDog.org may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our site.
c/o Goodsearch, LLC
P.O. Box 492176
Los Angeles, CA 90049
415-610 - 8636